Table of Contents
Mails constitute an important part of our life. Though most of our communications are not exchanged only via mail today, as it was earlier, thanks to the evolution of technology, our formal communications still take place through the mails.
Physical mails have almost been replaced by emails today with some exceptions. Emails are a fast, efficient, and easy way to read important messages and reply to them. Gmail is synonymous with emails so much so that many often mistake the word “email” for Gmail. Though there are many other email service providers, Gmail, being a pioneering email service of Google, is the most trusted of all of them.
Besides, with Gmail or a Google mail account, we also get a handful of other apps as part of its suites like Google docs, Good Spreadsheets, Google Drive, Google Meet, Google My Business, Slides, and more. With all these handy tools that we have access to, day in and day out, work at the office as well as work from home becomes a breeze.
Therefore, our worries know no end if one fine day our Google accounts do not work properly or more dangerous still if we fail to login into our accounts. Recovering a Gmail account is easier still with a working account where you can like to send an OTP to log in, but what is with a state when you do not have a phone handy with you?
If you are in such a situation then do not worry because we are here with the best hacks that you can use while you are trying to recover your Gmail account even if you don’t have a valid phone number with you at the present moment.
How Can I Recover My Gmail Account Without Phone Number
The password recovery problem is one of the most common issues related to a mailing account for today’s generation. With a whole range of accounts and their passwords that each one of us should have to maintain each day, it is not really surprising that we occasionally forget some of them.
Many often find their accounts deactivated at times if they have not logged in to their accounts for more than a period of 30 days. Therefore, it is always recommended for users to check their accounts from time to time.
Gmail is fortified with many layers of security to keep their accounts secure and out of risk. Therefore, you will get a bunch of instructions to recover your account smoothly.
For example, you can recover it via the phone number, alternative email account, and security questions. Furthermore, if you are wondering “how to recover your Gmail account without a phone number?” then that is also possible. Here we bring you some easy methods to follow.
So, let’s dive into them now:
- First of all, you need to get on to the Gmail website, and then you need to proceed with the Account Recovery page of Google.
- Now, here you should enter the name or the phone number associated with the account and then click on the next option. In this case, go for the name of the account.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your password but if you do not know the password, then try clicking on the option that says forgot password, which appears right beneath the field dedicated to the password.
- Here, you need to enter the last password you can remember, and then click on the Next option. Now if that is not possible, then you have to click continuously to try different questions until you stumble upon something that you can answer, and then click on Next.
- In the next step, you would be asked for a valid phone number or another alternative email address where you can confirm a code. Here you need to choose an option that fits your preference and then continue.
- You will now get a verification code. Next, you need to go ahead and open the relevant email or text message from Google.
- After you enter the Google verification code in the field, then you will get an option to create a new password.
- You now need to create the new password and then reenter the same to confirm followed by a click on the Change Password tab.
Regard– While you are trying to make a new password then you should make sure that your password should be strong and appear as alphanumeric characters along with a special character.
After you are done following all of the steps mentioned above, you can rejoice at recovering your Google account successfully. You can now continue using your Gmail account with the recent password you have updated.
However, don’t forget to write it down on a piece of paper or keep it secure digitally, so that you can revisit the space and check out the password in the hour of need.
How to Recover Google Account on Android
If you are using an android phone, then you will get Google apps by default, boxed in a section where you will find all the apps from Google. Android is an OS now owned by Google, so it is completely natural. Therefore, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Photos, Google Playstore, and Google Drive are some of the popular apps you will find under Google apps. These can be used without any additional expenses.
Also, it is important to mention here that along with all these features, Google also helps all the android users with different methods to recover their lost accounts. Besides, you also have the option to verify your identity right at the time when you go on to create your email account. This can be done by entering the proper details that you need to fill up.
Here are some easy steps you can go through in order to recover your account without any hassles:
- First, you need to go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier, and then choose the “I don’t know my password” option by clicking on it.
- Now, you need to enter your complete Gmail id and then click on the Continue button.
- Here, if you have your registered mobile number beside you, then you can get a code on it and comfortably reset your account password, or else you can click on another option that says “Verify your Identity”.
- Next, you need to answer the security questions that you have set when you created your account.
- In case you don’t remember the security questions, then go for the option that appears as Try another way and then answer all the questions as far as you can recollect them.
- After you have already verified the details, you will get your Google account recovered successfully.
However, if you still get the issue once again, then it’s better to contact Google support via their customer support number or through email from any other email account that you can use. You will get an immediate response from them and can sort out your issues without any problems.
Google Account Recovery Page Verify Identity
If you are willing to use this service of Google for recovering your account, then you first must know of this service. For this, first, you need to have a Gmail account. Then you need to go to this specific page to verify your identity. After reaching there you simply need to confirm your identity that will help Google recognize you and retrieve your Google account in case you forget the email id, password, or other relevant login credentials.
While recovering your Google account without a phone number you would also get another option that mentions recovering a Google account with the help of an alternative email address. Recovering without an alternate email id might also be another challenge when it comes to Gmail accounts. But here we will ease it up.
How to recover a Google account without an alternate email
Having more than one email address is a common thing today. Therefore, you can easily use your alternate email address to recover your Gmail account. It is thus wise to keep your alternate email updated with your Google account.
However, if you haven’t got any alternate email addresses, then no need to worry about it because you can also use another method to recover your Gmail account. However, in case you are not aware of the same, we are here to help you with it.
Here are some steps you can follow to get on with your Gmail account once again just like before:
- To start with, you need to go to the website of Google to manage your account.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your username and password. In case you cannot remember your password, then you need to rather click on the option that says ‘Forgot the password” and appears right at the button of the password blank, where you have to enter your password.
- In the next step, you need to select the phone number option to confirm a text code. This phone number should match the number that you have saved with Google while you were creating your account for the first time.
- Then, you will be receiving a verification code on that specific phone number that you provided earlier.
- Now, you need to enter the verification code in the given field.
- After that, you will get an option you can use to create a new password.
- Then you can enter the new password according to your liking and proceed with confirming the same.
- Here, you need to make sure that your password is strong and in an alphanumeric form along with a special character in it.
- This step will complete your Gmail account password recovery process after which you can refresh the page and continue using your Gmail address with the new password that you have saved now.
How to Recover Google Account without Phone Number on Android phones
In case you have forgotten your password or want to recover an old Gmail account that you have lost and unfortunately, you haven’t even saved your phone number or you cannot remember the same then you can always go for the alternate email option to resume it back to services once again.
If users do not know the process of recovering their Google accounts without phone numbers on their android devices, then here are all the steps that they can follow in order to recover the same without any hassles:
- First, you need to visit your web browser and open the Gmail website, or else you can also go on to your Gmail app.
- In the second step, you need to enter your email address or you can also enter the phone number that you think is associated with your account.
- You can simply enter your password if you remember it. However, if you don’t remember it anymore then you need to just click on the ‘forgot password’ option that appears underneath.
- Now, you would be asked to enter any one of the alternate email addresses that you have previously saved as an alternate email address while you have initially created your account.
- Now, you need to open your alternate email and then check for the verification code that you have received.
- Then, you need to consider entering the verification code and after that, you will get an option to create a new password.
- Here, you should go ahead and type in a new password. You again need to type in the same password in the next blank to verify and confirm the new password and then click on the change password option.
- This step will make you recover your Google account once again with a new password. You need to now ensure that you log in with the help of the same password you have created for yourself now.
How to recover a Google account with a date of birth
Your date of birth is one of the most valued credentials you can choose while validating with Google. Besides, in many cases, you would also find that you would be needing to confirm your date of birth if you want to recover your Google account.
If it is so, then here we are to help you out with some quick and easy steps to follow that will help you recover your account instantly and without a fuss.
All you need to do is stay by us and scroll down the steps and follow them one by one just as they are mentioned in this tutorial in order to resolve your issue instantly. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you are facing any kind of doubts or in case you are getting stuck in the middle of the steps mentioned below:
Here they are:
- Open up a browser and then launch Gmail on it. Then, click on the option that says Sign in so that you can bring up the relevant page.
- Here, you have to simply enter your email address and click on the Next button beneath the blank.
- Now, you can choose ways to sign in, or if you cannot do that you need to click on the Forgot password option.
- Next, you need to choose their date of birth and keep the same as an option to recover the password and you need to enter their date of birth.
- Here in this step you will now get a one-time password that you have to use to enter the account securely and after you confirm the same, you need to proceed with the creation of a fresh password for your Gmail account.
- After 48 hours, you need to check your email for the password reset link.
- The password reset link will be sent to the email address that you’re trying to recover.
- Hence, you need to be logged in to your Gmail account somewhere.
- For example, if you’re logged in to your Gmail account in the Gmail mobile app, you need to open it.
- Next, check your inbox for the password reset link and open it.
- If you don’t see the email in your inbox, you need to check your junk and spam mail.
Click on “Get started” to rest your password
- After you’ve clicked on the email, you’ll see a button to reset your Gmail password.
- Click on “Get started” and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Gmail password.
- You’ll be required to choose a new password and re-enter it.
- Keep in mind that the link is only valid for 7 days.
- If you visit the link after 7 days, you’ll no longer be able to reset your password.
- You’ve successfully learned how to recover your Gmail password without a phone number and recovery email!
This guide only works if you were logged in to your Gmail or Google account somewhere.
Perversely, if you’re not logged in to your Gmail or Google account anywhere, you won’t be able to reset your password using this guide. The Google Account Recovery page only works to a certain extent.
If you have a phone number or recovery email, you can simply reset your password using them. However, if you don’t have a phone number or recovery email, you need to be logged in to your Gmail or Google account somewhere.
Otherwise, the last resort is to create a new Gmail or Google account (as recommended by Google themselves).
To face any problem or need further info. You visit our website or you can contact us or comment section given below.