Table of Contents
It’s already the second day of May, which is wild. But wasn’t it just New Year’s? We’ll get to today’s Heardle answer and clues in just a sec, but first, a fun fact. Did you know “Mayday” is just an anglicized version of “maiden,” the French for “Help me?” I didn’t make that connection until an absurdly late point in life.
Anyway, if you haven’t played Heardle before, here’s how it works: there’s a song of the day for players to guess. They get six attempts. Get it wrong, or skip, and you get to hear slightly more of the intro, up to 16 seconds.
The game has played host to some excellent songs over the last week, namely:
Perhaps you’re playing today’s game right now, and you know you know the song but can’t quite place it. I have a few clues that might help jog your memory. If that doesn’t do the trick, I’ll reveal the answer.
Today’s Heardle clues for Sunday, May 1, are:
- This is listed as a pop-rock song on Wikipedia.
- It was released in 1986.
- It reached number two on the charts in both the US and the UK.
- One of the biggest artists wrote this under the pseudonym “Christopher.”
Still haven’t landed on the correct artist and song title? Don’t worry. Here’s today’s answer.
Clues for today’s Heardle
- This is a song from an American pop-rock band
- They released the song on January 27, 1986
- It talks about a woman waking up on a Monday but wishing it was still Sunday (?)
- Prince wrote the song under the pseudonym “Christopher…”
- The song opens with the lyrics, “Six o’clock already, I was just in the middle of a dream. I was kissin’ Valentino by a crystal-blue, Italian stream…”
Heardle 66 2nd May 2022 Answer
The answer to Heardle 66, released on May 2nd, 2022, is The Bangles – Manic Monday.