Table of Contents
Textnow does not delete free accounts. However, they do offer an alternative solution to deletion. If you sign out of your free TextNow account, the account will go asleep after 3 days of inactivity. This means at that time your account will be deactivated.
Deactivate TextNow – Account TextNow
Perversely, no way can delete your account on TextNow forever. In case you had tried taking a look at their settings, there is no ‘remove account’ or ‘delete account’ option. This also means that you won’t be completely being removed from their database.
However, there are ways by which you can deactivate the account. This is a small temporary fix. But you can be sure that it’s the closest way to deleting the account. And we shall take a look at the detailed guide in the post below.
Substitute Ways to Deactivate Textnow
Process 1: Remove Personal Information
As per the application itself, your account is going to get deactivated when you don’t use it for some days. But remember that your personal information stays attached to the account and the company can gain access any time it needs.
Therefore, it will be a good idea to remove any kind of sensitive and personal information from here first. Here are the steps to follow:
- From your internet browser, go on the official TextNow login page.
- Here enter your account credentials and Log in.
- Now you will be able to view your account dashboard.
- From here you have to go to settings from the sidebar located on the left. It is seen as an icon in the shape of a gear.
- Now enter random email, and name in the boxes and click save.
- Now click on the option of ‘security and Login’ from the sidebar.
- Now tap on ‘Log out from all devices.
- Then you have to clock on the ‘close/X’ icon in the right corner of the screen.
- Exit the setting menu.
In this way, you have removed all of your data that was shared with the TextNow application.
Process 2: Cancel TextNow Activation Subscription
By now, you already know the way to deactivate the account and also remove the personal data from the app’s database. But did you know that even after you have stopped using the application, you will still be billed in case you had earlier subscribed to any of the premium packages?
Yes, in case you already had subscribed now there is a need for manual cancellations. Here is the guide to do so:
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Go on the Main Menu that can be done from the left side of the phone screen.
- Now click on My Account.
- Then on the next page, click on ‘Cancel My Subscription’. There can be a need for scrolling down to get to this specific option.
- Here you might need to confirm the decision once again.
That’s it your membership is canceled. You can also do these steps from the official website of TextNow. Just follow the above steps and you will have to enter your credentials on the log-in page and the rest of the steps will be the same.
Process 3: Stop Using TextNow
One of the best ways to deactivate the TextNow account is by trying not to use it. Mainly for this reason you should try and uninstall the application from your smartphone. And in the case where you aren’t using this app for some days (mostly for three days), the TextNow account will remove your phone number.
This will make sure that you are not receiving any messages or calls. As this happened, you can be sure that the account is deactivated. Depending on the phone model or brand that you have been using the un-installation process is going to be different.
But for making your work easier, we are providing you a step by step guide right here:
- Navigate the app on your phone.
- Now tap over the icon of the TextNow app and hold it as it is for few seconds.
- You are going to see an overlay menu that says ‘uninstall’ for most phones. Or you might see ‘X’ as an icon on the top of the phone screen.
- You can now uninstall the app as per your phone model from here.
Once you complete the uninstallation process, your work is done. Just make sure that you don’t use it again for a few days, and your account will be deactivated sometime.
Why can’t I delete my Textnow account
Answer: There is no way to delete your account. TextNow states that for legal reasons they are unable to delete your account.
It is suggested that you log on to your account settings and change or delete all of your personal information, especially your email address, making your data useless to them. Therefore, when you delete the app, none of the information stored in the system reflects you.
Will deleting the TextNow app delete my account?
Answer: In this case, yes. But it is more like a deactivation. For free TextNow users, you can remove your TextNow app from your device or computer to stop using it. Within a few days of inactivity, your phone number will be removed from your account, and it will no longer be able to accept messages or calls. However, you can reactivate it at any time by downloading the app again or signing back into your account.
Answer: No, none of your subscriptions will be canceled along with deleting the app. If you’re a Premium user, you should cancel your recurring Premium charge before deleting the app. You can cancel your recurring charge under your TextNow main menu > Account Balance > Manage Subscriptions.